RE: COVID-19 and the BC Bobsleigh and Skeleton Championship

BC Bobsleigh and Skeleton Association
Monday March 16th 2020
Re: COVID-19 and the BC Bobsleigh and Skeleton Championship

After careful consideration and deliberation we’re making the decision to Cancel the BC Bobsleigh and Skeleton Championship race scheduled for next weekend – March 21st and 22nd. 

At this time the ice time allotted for Official Training and the Race days is still on the schedule at the track. If you have made plans to attend any of these sessions – please contact your coaches or the Venue for confirmation that these scheduled ice times are still in effect. UPDATE: Please see update below...

We feel that we bear a great deal of responsibility to one another and have a role to play in working together, locally, nationally and globally to help stop this virus in its tracks.  We’re already making sacrifices in our home life, our work and in public but still have a long way to go.

Our regards and much thanks to all those affected by this decision.

Francis Chiasson
BC Bobsleigh and Skeleton Association.




Following the PM’s news conference we have decided to close Whistler Sliding Centre for the rest of the winter season.We will issue refunds for race registrations and other applicable refunds as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience while we get to this.


Kind regards,


Sally Bennett

Manager, Sport

Whistler Sliding Centre